Foursquare for Crafters?

Monday, May 28, 2012

Were you ever a girl scout or boy scout? I was a camp fire kid.

Do you ever feel a sense of accomplishment or at least satisfaction when you win something? I do.

Also, have you ever dreamed of being in the lead, or at least close to number one? I have.

While this post is not meant to be a commercial, it's in some ways a close friend. Foursquare, a savvy mobile App that boasts "making the real world easier to use", allows me to experience all the above and creatively validates my urge to discover.

If you're not a believer then prepare to be intrigued because it's A. Entertaining and B. Doesn't talk back. Take that seam ripper!

Here's a few reasons why you might enjoy "checking in" from a craft gal's POV:

1. Foursquare is a hub of legitimate tips generated real time from real people. Upon check in or even just searching via the Foursquare map tool, you receive local tips, reference photos and recommendations that you won't find elsewhere. So long editors who write about a places they've never visited.

2. Coupons and discounts are given to Foursquare users upon check in. Yup, save money while you "play".

3. The badges. I can't get enough of the badges. Currently I've earned both a JetSetta and Handmade Hero badge. It feels awesome and their badge designs are cute--much cooler than my green and brown campfire troup badge.

4. I love their "Leaderboard". It has instigated laughs, jokes and even the occasional flirt amongst my peers. Let's face it, people secretly like to be number one and there's always room for a bit of creative competition, I mean, motivation :-)

Shout out to my girl Leigh Anne @TWWSTW. This Post is dedicated to you and PS. I'm coming after you.

xX-
Moni

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground