Lace Time

Saturday, May 26, 2012

There are a few things that I can't live without and one of them is a black half slip. So when I realized my tried and true black half slip was missing I first thought "Shoot!" and second thought "I've always wanted a black LACE half slip!" Two hours later I have a newly designed slip from vintage lace I found in South Brooklyn. It was pretty easy to make and here's how you can:

-Cut a piece of lace that wraps around your hips comfortably and is your preferred length. Mine turned out to be 42 inches wide by 18 inches long.

-Take a quarter inch elastic and measure, while pulling, a piece that grips your waistline. FYI: I'm a size six/eight and cut a 28 inch piece of elastic

-Sew a fold over seam that's a quarter inch wide and then top stitch your elastic onto this seam.

-Finish your slip with a side seam. Add top stitched ribbon along the side seam for a finished touch.

I'm pretty pleased with this design so I've listed it for purchase @GreeneandSunset.com for $30 :-)

If you have any Q's just shoot me an email. XX - Moni

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground