A Bag full of Inspiration

Thursday, October 15, 2009


So these last couple of weeks have been incredibly exciting and exhausting.  Working part time at Gap, closing with them most nights, and working early mornings at SewMoni have left me a little drained.  But the other night, I got an email from Moni.  She told me this:

Tonight I saw a tote with the words: Dont give up.
I don't know about either of you, but the last few days at my "other jobs" have been tough.
Keep the above on the tip of your lips. Reading this phrase tonight (unexpectedly) actually made me feel motivated again & excited about endeavors to come--- if I just hold on and don't give up.


It was more than encouraging.  As all of us begin the building process at SewMoni, creating patterns, developing a new website, and pulling fabrics for next season, we're finding that the push and pull of our other supporting jobs seem to be pulling and pushing a little harder.  I like to call this resistance.  In the words of David Pressfield "It's a repelling force. It's negative.  Its aim is to shove us away, distract us, prevent us from doing our work" (The War of Art).

It's with determination and encouraging words like "Don't Give Up" (that was written on a tote of all things) that we propel ourselves forward and push through the resistance.  To fight for your dream and your passion is probably one of the most noble acts you can do in your life.  So don't give up.  Press on.  It's what you were made to do.

Sew on people!
-Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground