Hello, Hello! :)

Monday, October 19, 2009

Welcome to the SewMoni blog! I'm one of the new members of SewMoni and I'm happy to share with you a little bit about my background and why I'm excited be a part of SewMoni!

I came to New York originally to study Industrial Design because I wanted to find out how absolutely everything is made. I love creating objects by hand and being involved with the whole process. I feel attached to the objects that I make by hand and I think handmade pieces have a personal touch that is missing from mass produced products.

My mother taught me how to sew and crochet at a young age and I've been hooked ever since. I love making clothes, but my most favorite things to make are a little more utilitarian: bags, pillows, stuffed toys for children, and the list goes on.

I was thrilled when I stumbled across SewMoni online last month. I love the unique fabric choices and the feminine aesthetic. I also love that it's family-run. It's immediately apparent that every SewMoni piece is a quality labor of love. I'm so excited to be involved with SewMoni and making these kinds of beautiful, useful objects. I know that people will cherish them and they will be a part of their daily lives.

~Steph :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground