As a new member...

Monday, October 12, 2009

It's with excitement and sheer giddiness that I'm writing to you as an new creative contributor of SewMoni.

As a fashion designer and recent college graduate, I moved from Florida to NY about 7 months ago in hopes of finding my fashion niche here in NY.  However, considering the economic foolishness that is going on, it's been a bit of a struggle to break into the fashion industry as companies can only afford one design assistant as opposed to three.

In my search I came across SewMoni.  I was immediately drawn in by the quirky, vintage aesthetic and its homegrown, crafting roots.  After speaking with Moni, the head designer and business owner, about the new vision for the growing company I couldn't wait to get started.

You see, I've been steeped in crafting and the arts my entire life and decided to hone my creativity in fashion.  I think if you exmined my heart closely, you would find that the muscle tissue is actually threads tightly woven together, that the heart beat is truthfully just music, and that it is really pumping creativity through my veins.  To find a company that shares the same passion for crafting, simple beauty, and design I was a little more than ecstatic.

As a new member I have to admit my excitement in being a part of the creative team here at SewMoni.

-Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground